Food is an important component of the tourism product, and plays a pivotal role in crafting a memorable travel experience (Pestek & Cinjarevic, 2014). Previous studies in the field of food and tourism have mostly been undertaken in the context of “foodie” destinations. The existing knowledge about the importance of local cuisine in determining tourist behaviours, may therefore not be applicable to destinations which are less-known for their cuisines. As a result, an opportunity exists for you to add knowledge to food tourists’ destination food image regardless of the strong “foodie” culture of some destinations. Your task is to analyse, interpret and report quantitative information that is useful to destination marketing organisations (DMOs) to increase attractiveness of their destinations to food tourists.
More specifically, you are required to develop an understanding of:
(1) the demographic profile of the sample of food tourists.
(2) descriptive statistics for each of the food tourist ratings of the dimensions for the total sample, male food tourists and female food tourists.
(3) whether the food tourist ratings for males and females are significantly different to each other; and
(4) whether the overall ratings of intention to visit a destination is correlated with destination food image.
To develop this understanding, available literature on destination food image was examined. From this literature, six (6) major dimensions contributing to destination food image were identified based on Pestek and Cinjarevic’s (2014) study.
To complete the assignment, you are required to:
– Write a brief literature review (300-500 words) on dimensions of destination food image. A minimum of six academic peer-reviewed journal references (published 2015 and later only) must be used. Following the literature review, research questions are to be developed that frame the analysis which follows.
– Write a brief method section, which outlines the analysis procedures used and provides an outline of quantitative research.
– Present a demographic profile of the sample of food tourists who provided ratings of dimensions of destination food image in the form of a frequency table, and include each of the demographic variables captured.
– Present a table containing the means and standard deviation values for each of the six dimensions provided in the data sheet, as well as the overall ratings (variables) of intention to visit a destination and destination food image – for male food tourists, female food tourists and the total sample.
– Conduct t-tests to examine whether there are any significant differences in dimension ratings between male and female food tourists (this analysis should be included in the table with the means and standard deviations).
– Conduct three correlations to examine the strength of the relationship between the overall ratings of intention to visit a destination and destination food image.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS