Forest Business Furniture Design is a small company that designs, manufactures, and installs bespoke boardroom furniture. None of their products are made to stock so each order is therefore a distinct project. The company has 12 employees and an annual turnover of around £2m with sales mostly the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
You are the business owner, and the senior manager responsible for managing all projects to completion:
1. Part 1. Produce IDEF (A -0) and A (0) diagrams to model the process from customer enquiry to final installation (as described in Box 1 below). Appraise the model and summarise your conclusions. As the senior manager you are free to make any reasonable assumptions about the business, add any additional information, or make changes to business processes, staff etc.
However, you must record and explain these in your model appraisal and conclusions.
2. Part 2. Produce a project plan for a typical project (based on your IDEF model in Part 1). Your plan should include the following sections:
1. Introduction, include:
- Key information about the project
- Stakeholders, responsibilities
- Product specification i.e. detail from customer consultation
2. Work breakdown and risks:
- Produce a breakdown of the project using a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify and assess project risks. Specify mitigation measures
3. Timeline. Use a Gantt Chart to provide a visual timeline for the project. You do not need to use MS Project for this task. Excel or a neatly drawn Gantt Chart is acceptable. Ensure the diagram shows:
- Task dependencies
- The critical path
4. Other information
- Include any comments about what you have presented in sections 1 to 3.
- Include any other information you believe to be useful in the planning of this project.
Your assignment submission should be submitted as a single report. For guidance your report should be around 5 to 6 pages (Part 1=1 to 3 pages, Part 2 = 3 to 4 pages) and maximum of around 2000 words (11pt).
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS