SCI 3301-OL: ADDICTION AND OBSESSION
C e l e b r i t y A d d i c t i o n C a s e S t u d y An a l y s i s P A PE R I NS T R U C T I O NS a n d G r a d i n g R u b r i c
3-4 pages long (double spaced)
At least 3 resources
References cited within the text and listed in the reference page in APA format
Submitted through Canvas Week 12 under the appropriate link
10% of overall grade
Each student will select a celebrity of their own choosing who has had (or has) an addiction problem
whether a substance use disorder, or another behavioral addiction such as gambling, technology, eating,
dieting, shopping, sex, etc. Students are to research the addiction of their celebrity and analyze the case
from a biopsychosocial perspective. In addition, students should provide a race, class and gender analysis
of their case study. Finally, students should discuss addiction treatments/approaches that were undertaken
or suggest possible strength-based treatments and harm reduction approaches that they could have taken.
This should all be summarized in a 3-4 page, double-spaced paper. Please select appropriate resources (at
least 3 reliable articles, books, etc.) to analyze and discuss the celebritys addiction.
It is NOT acceptable and is CERTAINLY plagiarism if students download or cut and paste information
from the Internet without properly citing it. Other forms of plagiarism include copying another students
work and claiming it as ones own, or purchasing or stealing term papers from an outside source.
There are numerous ways to reference (or cite) material. Please use APA format. The Berkeley College
LibGuide on APA formatting can be found here: https://berkeleycollege.libguides.com/Writing/APA
DO NOT forget to attach a Works Cited (or References) page also in APA format. Failure to do that is
also a form of plagiarism.
The Celebrity Addiction Case Study Analysis is to be uploaded in Week 12. The discussion board for
Week 14 is a discussion of the final paper in which you must respond to 5 of your peers papers.
The rubric for the Celebrity Addiction Case Study can be found below.
- Why do you need to standardize the base? Do we only need to standardize the base if the base used is NaOH? What is a primary standard? Can any acid be a primary standard? Why do we perform multiple trials? What should you expect as the results of multiple trials? Is this what you observed? What do your results tell you?
- Write a 5-6 page paper that briefly describes a situation, this could be a real-life example or one taken from film or a streaming series, (Ideas include The Crown, The West Wing, Suits all offer leadership scenarios). Briefly describe the scenario, (no more than one paragraph), Apply leadership theory (such as Relational, Adaptive or Servant), include system’s thinking, and the learning organization concepts (Senge, 2006) to demonstrate what you have learned throughout this course.
- Research the target market(s), where are they and how do you reach them? What SM platforms does the Festival already use, what frequency of posting? How can they improve what they are already doing? What marketing techniques should they use, what tone in posts, slogans and so on. Give lots of examples, details, suggestions.
- Based on the importance of transparency, your organization (you can represent any organization, McDonalds, Starbucks, ESPN, etc.) has asked you to create a training presentation on ethics and compliance to be presented next week. Referencing the Hagel article, the Gonzales-Padron textbook, and at least two other journal articles, present an outline for your training as a response to this thread.
- Pay special attention to your references. You need to insert citations (author, year) at the end of the sentence or paragraph. Author is a person(s) conducing the research or credible organization such as Center for Disease Control and Prevention or World Health Organization. Website is not considered an author; make sure that you indicate the author providing the information on this website. Then, list all the references at the end using APA format.
- Industries with low diversity rate: Are certain industries guilty of racism, sexism? Or, is it difficult to find a trained diverse population of workers? Does hiring people from other countries fill the diversity needed to be a fair company?
- Explain why you think Lord of the Flies was a successful novel (even if you hated it, it won the Pulitzer, so many people liked it).
- Addiction and Obsession (Celebrity)
- Redistribution of income occurs through the federal income tax and government antipoverty programs. Explain whether or not this level of redistribution is appropriate and whether more redistribution should occur.
- Conduct a search through the Jerry Falwell Library to find and read 1 recent scholarly business article that relates to the self-assessment content.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS