Human service professionals who value a multicultural perspective in their work with individuals, families, and groups require not only the knowledge and skills of the helping process but also the ability for self-awareness. This awareness will provide professionals with the ability to recognize their personal characteristics, values, and beliefs that may interfere or enhance the helping process.
For this assignment you are asked to build upon the Unit 2 Assignment and delve deeper into how your cultural roots may have some influence on your thinking about the helping process.
Please be sure to address all of the following in your assignment:
Describe the helping process. What do you personally think it means to help?
For the questions below, be sure to make connections in your writing as to the role your life experiences and beliefs play into the work you will do with diverse clients.
How might your cultural roots (African American Christian Woman) influence your thinking about the helping process?
How might your beliefs influence the suggestions you make to clients?
How do your beliefs lay the groundwork for the strategies from which you will draw in working with diverse individuals, families, and groups?
Focusing on the stages of the helping process as described in the text, what do you consider to be the most important tasks of a human service professional in each of the different stages?
Describe some of the challenges that you might experience as a helper in each of the stages.
Reflect on any biases or prejudices (i.e., hot buttons) that might interfere with your learning to become an effective helper.
What types of client and client issues will be the most difficult for you to work with, and why?
What type(s) of client(s) will you be most drawn to work with, and why?
Describe how you may recognize challenges in your work and what can you do to work on those areas that are limitations.
Your assignment should be a 34-page expository essay, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
Title page: Provide your name, title of assignment, course and section number, and date.
Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs.
Your responses should reflect professional writing standards, using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct and accurate, and reflect knowledge of skills and practice in the human service profession.
Reference page: Sources listed in APA format.
Include a minimum of three scholarly or academic sources to support your responses and conclusions.
Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced and left aligned.
Use standard 1″ margins on all sides.
Use APA formatting and citation style.
If you need assistance with APA style, please visit Academic Writer.
This assignment assesses the following Course Outcome:
HN505-2: Examine the role of self-awareness in the helping process when working with diverse individuals, families, and groups.
- Coaching for Performance: Coaching Reflection and Action Plan
- Describe what is changing and why.
- Boundaries and Dual Relationships
- – African American Christian Woman Standpoint
- Select two or more family practice models and describe how you would use them with this case and his/her family and why (2 pages).
- In at least 300 of your own words, define the terms Nonpain Imagery, Pain Redefinition, Counter-irritation, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, and Acupuncture. Next, explain how each plays a role in managing and controlling clinical pain. Why is this important for you to know in your prospective career field?
- In 300 words Describe at least two behaviors that allow people to lower their cardiovascular risk. What is the DASH diet? How can people effectively manage stress when diagnosed with cardiovascular conditions?
- stress and coping project
- Identify and thoroughly discuss the Expressed Powers of the president as described in the textbook. Be sure to explain each of these powers and how they work: do not just list them. Also be sure to bring in plenty of examples from the textbook, with page numbers, as you write your answers.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS