Week 4 Annotated Bibliography Assignment
Topic: How does neglectful parenting result in Juvenile Delinquency?
Total Points Possible 100
This week you will be completing an Annotated Bibliography on a psychological topic in which you have interest and would like to know more about. You submitted your proposed topic for approval in week 2 of the course in the week 2 discussion. Please read grading feedback for that discussion to see if your topic was approved.
In completing the annotated bibliography, select six (6) scholarly, peer-reviewed, empirical, original research articles related to your selected topic for review.
Provide full, APA formatted reference entries for each of the selected articles.
Beneath each article, include a two (2) to three (3) paragraph summary of each research article that includes concise overviews the researchers’ goals, methods, procedures, findings, and conclusions.
Develop a comprehensive theme or overarching topic of the collection being reviewed, including a clear statement of how each article reviewed is relevant to the theme and relates to the other selections at the close of each summary.
Include APA formatted title and abstract pages; in-text citations are NOT required in the annotated bibliography.
The APUS Library provides APA formatting resources at [email protected] You may also see Purdue’s OWL for general APA formatting information and for formatting help on many topics.
See the example of an Annotated Bibliography entry and the Grading Rubric below.
Whitlow, V.M. & Jones, G.W. (2013). The best is yet to come: According to Houston, Texas citizens of Latina origin. Journal of Reality, 22, 18-25.
This study recruited 125 Kindergarten, Latina immigrants from Mexico to an “English as a Second Language” program in Houston, Texas schools during the time period 2014 through the fall of 2016. Students were immersed in English throughout the school day, but only in non-critical subjects such as physical education, art and music so that their grades would not suffer while learning a second language. Students were provided instruction in both English and in Spanish in critical subjects such as math, social studies and science. Pre and post tests were conducted to see if students enrolled in the course learned English faster than Mexican immigrants who were not enrolled in the program. Results showed that those in the program learned English the fastest though there were some limitations of the study. Limitation were that researchers did not consider possible confounds such as some of the students in the program living with relatives that spoke both English and Spanish in the home and that many of the children received practice in English via spending time with American friends. Future studies should include male and female students of varying grade levels, not just those in kindergarten. Also, students with English speaking friends should be excluded from participation. These changes will improve the generalizability of the findings. Home visits should also be conducted to make sure that the students were receiving English instruction only at school.
- Choose a nurse leader who holds a leadership nursing position in their organization who have direct reports (they supervise other employees). Examples of this include Director of Nursing, Director, Unit Manager
- Annotated Bibliography-Neglectful Parenting
- Write a 2-4 page paper with your summary of inclusion for students with disabilities.
- Advanced Writing for the Social Sciences Week 3 Discussion
- Group Dynamics Assignment #1 – 9/27/2022
- Summarize and critique a Nursing journal article addressing one of the exemplars for the first THREE lectures. . . .capture the key points of the article in a paragraph or two then answer a d below
- Career Opportunities
- Describe the recent finds on the “Nature-Nurture Controversy.” How do evolutionary theory (evolutionary biology and evolutionary psychology) and the study of genetics fit in to this discussion?
- Social Welfare Policy WEEK TWO: WEEKLY WRITING EXERCISES WEEK TWO: WEEKLY WRITING EXERCISES
- Differentiation and catering for differences
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER