“Art Treasure Hunt”
Michelangelo often used the phrase Primo Pensieri, meaning first thoughts, as he shared his preliminary sketches of the Sistine Ceiling with the Pope. For this sessions devotional, please share your primo pensieri of the painting below. Because your response should be your “first thoughts,” the provenance of this painting, author, time period, etc. will not be provided.
Write down your first reaction to the painting; note the scene, theme, tone of the painting. What is being depicted here? What is your initial feeling?
Now discover who painted the painting. (Hints: Not Michelangelo though a possible contemporary. A short bio of him is in Chapter 10. If you think it is depicting a Bible story in the New Testament, Google that phrase and see what you come up with!)
After you have hunted down all the information, please submit a one page reflection on your thoughts, the meaning of the painting, and the possible motivation of the artist. Use APA citation and
- Please describe your post-graduation career plans. How will your education, experience, and development to date help support those plans? How will this graduate program help you to attain your goals?
- Factorial Designs
- Experimental Designs
- If you are in a leadership position in your workplace with access to data, answer the following questions on your own. Otherwise, interview a leader in your organization. 2-3 sentences per question should suffice.
- Review Chapter 3 in the course text, The Photographers Eye. Choose a subject of interest on which to base the composition of your photograph.
- 6 Thinking Hats
- Think back over the semester and reflect on the course assignments and your learning.
- Briefly describe why these two paintings (or sculpture, photograph, etc) resonate with you and how you plan to use these slides and others in your final project.
- Art Treasure Hunt
- In our Week Three we mentions several sinicized Buddhist schools in China; the Tiantai, Huayan, Chan, and the Pure Land tradition. Please do your own research and choose two of these schools to do a comparison. Your paper must include; their brief histories, their similarities and differences, and why you chose these schools for your research, etc.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS