In this assignment, you will apply the information you have learned regarding boundaries and dual relationships to the analysis of a real-life scenario.
Ms. Cheney was a case manager at an outpatient clinic that provided a variety of services. One of her clients was Ms. Rosalind, who was receiving services because of a recent divorce. Ms. Cheney had also experienced a divorce in her past and thought she had effectively dealt with that experience, but found herself identifying with many comments made by Ms. Rosalind.
Through their work together, the two women realized they shared many common interests. They often found themselves talking about these shared interests in their time together and eventually began meeting for coffee after their sessions. Ms. Rosalind soon suggested they begin spending additional time together socially, and Ms. Cheney agreed. Before long, they became fast friends, spending a significant amount of social time together on evenings and weekends, visiting clubs, going to movies, or visiting local restaurants.
After several months, the two had a falling out about a gentleman both women favored. Ms. Rosalind filed a complaint with the regulatory agency in her state about the relationship.
Please be sure to address all of the following in your assignment:
Introduce the case study and analyze the implications of the events in the scenario.
Investigate the harmful effects of such a relationship on all parties involved: Ms. Rosalind, the helping relationship, and Ms. Cheney.
Discuss both the social and emotional impacts of such a relationship as well as their effects on the treatment relationship. Use specific examples.
Discuss the likely outcome of Ms. Rosalinds complaint if it was filed in your state.
Analyze strategies to minimize the likelihood of such a relationship arising in your practice.
Your assignment should be a 3- to 4-page expository essay, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
Title page: Provide your name, title of assignment, course and section number, and date.
Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs.
Your responses should reflect professional writing standards, using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct and accurate, and reflect knowledge of professional ethics and personal values in the human service profession.
Reference page: Sources listed in APA format.
Include a minimum of two scholarly or academic sources to support your responses and conclusions.
Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced and left aligned.
Use standard 1″ margins on all sides.
Use APA formatting and citation style.
If you need assistance with APA style, please visit Academic Writer.
This assignment assesses the following Course Outcome:
HN510-2: Examine professional behavior that is congruent with the values and ethics of the human services profession.
- Coaching for Performance: Coaching Reflection and Action Plan
- Describe what is changing and why.
- Boundaries and Dual Relationships
- – African American Christian Woman Standpoint
- Select two or more family practice models and describe how you would use them with this case and his/her family and why (2 pages).
- In at least 300 of your own words, define the terms Nonpain Imagery, Pain Redefinition, Counter-irritation, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, and Acupuncture. Next, explain how each plays a role in managing and controlling clinical pain. Why is this important for you to know in your prospective career field?
- In 300 words Describe at least two behaviors that allow people to lower their cardiovascular risk. What is the DASH diet? How can people effectively manage stress when diagnosed with cardiovascular conditions?
- stress and coping project
- Identify and thoroughly discuss the Expressed Powers of the president as described in the textbook. Be sure to explain each of these powers and how they work: do not just list them. Also be sure to bring in plenty of examples from the textbook, with page numbers, as you write your answers.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS