Describe how the current practice of hiring the global teams in India might lead to team conflict, and how to improve the hiring process.
Describe how an HR department can assist managers and employees, and their families prepare for and work in an overseas work environment. Provide at least three specific examples as it relates to this scenario.
If you had been Jorge, how would you apply the three cultural adaptation skills from your reading in Chapter 16 “Managing Expatriates,” that would help the team members and their families be successful in adjusting to India?
Chapter 16 Cultural Adaption Skills
A successful expatriate manager must be sensitive to the host countrys cultural norms, flexible enough to adapt to those norms, and strong enough to survive the culture shock of living in another culture. In addition, if the manager has a family, the family members must be able to adapt to a new culture. Adaptation requires three kinds of skills:46
1.Ability to maintain a positive self-image and feeling of well-being.
2.Ability to foster relationships with the host-country nationals.
3.Ability to perceive and evaluate the host countrys environment accurately.
Some of the most important factors for expatriate adjustment, according to research, are the overseas work environment (including employees and culture), ability to communicate in the host countrys language, job characteristics (freedom, autonomy, and variety), opportunities for leisure activities, urban environment (pollution, traffic, beauty), worklife balance, living quarters, family life, local friendships, and contact with those in the country left behind.47 To assess candidates ability to adapt to a new environment, interviews should address topics such as the ones listed in Table 16.2. The interviewer should be certain to give candidates a clear and complete preview of the assignment and the host-country culture. This helps the candidate evaluate the assignment and consider it in terms of his or her family situation, so the employer does not violate the employees privacy.48 These principles apply whether the candidates for international assignments are host-country or third-country nationals.
- Apply cultural literacy in personal and professional environments.
- Explain why it/they (enhanced interrogation and rendition) were ethical or not, based on the ethical system you picked, and were they Constitutional, based on the Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendments?
- Describe how data flow models assist a business in understanding their accounting information systems and the development of those systems.
- Discuss the important information contained on your State Board of Accountancy website.
- What ARE the differences between H. sapiens and other members of the genus Homo?
- Describe how the current practice of hiring the global teams in India might lead to team conflict, and how to improve the hiring process.
- What is the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics?
- 1. What is the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics?
- Research the cultural and global political considerations for the use of a sharing service as presented in the lab and the data which could be hosted and made available via the Internet
- write an alternate part of the story from a different characters perspective or a characters different point of view.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS