Select an American race and/or ethnic group (except Native Americans). Describe their migration or conquest and outcome of contact. What factors influence outcome?
2. Use and define any relevant concept from Marger to explain the experience of the race/ethnic group you selected. Other readings may used to help explain the experience of the selected group, however, all definitions must come from Marger. (A copy of Marger will be put on reserved in the library)
2a. Describe any interaction or experience you have had with the selected racial/ethnic group using any relevant concept from Marger.
3. Describe the demographic characteristics of the selected race/ethnic group in terms of percentage of total U.S. population for the 2000-2020 period.
4. For the 2000-2020 period, select three (3) or more tables/charts to show trends in social indicators (i.e. wealth, income, occupation, unemployment, education, poverty, child poverty, incarceration, COVID and other health disparities, etc.) for the selected race/ethnic group.
a. These tables/charts may be copied but must be properly referenced. Sources for tables/charts include but are not limited to:
1. Pew Research Center
2. U. S. Census
5. What is the outlook for the future of the selected race/ethnic group based on the data in your charts/tables? Going forward, what is the most likely form of accommodation/relationship with the dominate group or minority groups.
6. Identify one policy to maintain or improve the socioeconomic status of the selected race/ethnic group. Is reparations an appropriate policy in your view?
7. If you wish, discuss the theoretical perspective that best explains the experience of the selected race/ethnic group i.e. Structural Functionalism, Conflict, or Symbolic Interactionism. Why?
8. Maximum 10 pages, 12 font, 1 inch margins.
This paper examines the ______group from contact to 2020. I choose this group because
Push/pull factors describe
Phases of Migration
Experience in America (outcome of contact). Use and define any relevant concept in Marger.
Social Definition of Race
Accommodation Model that best describes experience
% of Population and #
Age and gender
Geographic concentration if applicable
Current Socioeconomic Status using Social Indicators for __________group
Outlook for Future
- Describe the demographic characteristics of the selected race/ethnic group in terms of percentage of total U.S. population for the 2000-2020 period.
- Explain how the theory or model can be used as a framework to guide evidence-based practice to address the issue or concern, and discuss the unique insight or perspective offered through the application of this theory or model.
- Describe an intrapersonal conflict you have experienced either in your career or personal life.
- What is Shakespeare’s definition of love?
- Describe one argument that supports stop and frisk policies.
- Explain the decline of the Liberal Party by 1918.
- What was Microsoft market share of Intel-compatible PC operating system?
- Describe theoretical ideas of power in relation to policy.
- Write an essay on “why abortion is immoral” by Don Marquis.
- Describe the various ways in which Japan became both more democratic and more repressive during the Tagish period, and then the gradual escalation of Japanese militarism and ultranationalist from 1930 to 1945
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS