Addiction destroys lives. InThe Addicted Brain,leading neuroscientist Michael Kuhar, Ph.D., explains how and why this happensand presents advances in drug addiction treatment and prevention. Using breathtaking brain imagery and other research, Kuhar shows the powerful, long-term brain changes that drugs can cause, revealing why it can be so difficult for addicts to escape their grip.
Discover why some people are far more susceptible to addiction than others as the author illuminates striking neural similarities between drugs and other pleasures potentially capable of causing abuse or addictionincluding alcohol, gambling, sex, caffeine, and even Internet overuse. Kuhar concludes by outlining the 12 characteristics most often associated with successful drug addiction treatment.
Authoritative and easy to understand,The Addicted Brainoffers todays most up-to-date scientific explanation of addictionand what addicts, their families, and society can do about it.
- Write a book review essay discussing your perception of the book. Did you like it?
- Pretend you are preparing a research paper on James Joyces Araby (a short story attached); your job is to demonstrate how you would use the MLA system on this project.
- Discover why some people are far more susceptible to addiction than others as the author illuminates striking neural similarities between drugs and other pleasures potentially capable of causing abuse or addictionincluding alcohol, gambling, sex, caffeine, and even Internet overuse.
- What are the major marketing issues in the case? Include a summary of the main issues of the case, which is not a regurgitation of the facts but an analysis of them. Include a SWOT analysis.
- Discuss the history of selected movement or issue thoroughly. Be sure to include the actors involved those for/against the issue and explain their respective positions. (
- Explain the growing problem of cybercrime.
- What is the prism of difference as presented by Baca Zinn, Hondagneu-Sotelo and Messner?
- Discuss the effects of race on the life chances of an individual in the areas of housing and employment.
- How is the current administration changing?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS