For this Assignment, you will explore issues related to bi-cultural children and families. Begin by reading Walters Case Study, and consider how you would assist both Walter and his parents.
Please answer the following:
As a bicultural child, what are some of the challenges and injustices Walter is experiencing and may experience as he transitions into adulthood?
How can you help both Walter and his parents draw on their individual and cultural strengths to creatively address these life challenges?
Cross-cultural work with bicultural families should employ strategies that focus on developing positive feelings about membership in both parents groups. Discuss how you would teach Walters parents to confront devaluing or mixed racial messages, freeing children from racialized loyalty binds, and have open and direct conversations about race.
Describe the approach you would use in your intervention at all levels of Walters system including individual, family, school, community, social support systems, and society.
Your Assignment should be a 45-page essay (not including the title and reference pages) and should include the following elements:
Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of human services.
Reference page: Sources in APA format
Include a minimum of three scholarly or academic sources, with one of them being the textbook.
Use Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned
Use standard 1″ margins on all sides
Use APA Formatting and Citation style
If you need assistance with APA style, please visit the Academic Success Center.
This Assignment assesses the following Course Outcome:
HN502-2: Examine the uniqueness of the client based on demographic and cultural dimensions and characteristics
- Describe the documents that you may want to include in the case file.
- Identify at least 4 proposed interventions for your program.
- Describe the stage of program implementation in which the evaluation occurred, the informants, the questions asked, and the results.
- What strategies can you encourage parents to use to help protect children of color from negative attitudes and stereotypes, increase their self-worth, and prepare them for racism?
- Discuss how you would teach Walters parents to confront devaluing or mixed racial messages, freeing children from racialized loyalty binds, and have open and direct conversations about race.
- Write an essay on one of the stories in James Joyces Dubliners.
- Define the topic, highlight the history or background of the key issues and challenges surrounding the topic, then and provide examples of specific entrepreneurs or entrepreneurial firms and how they handled this topic.
- What career do you imagine for yourself after you finish college, or what would your ideal career be after you graduate?
- Explain what descriptive statistics are and a few keys to understand for using them in student success initiatives.
- Explain and give examples of the most notable consequences to individuals and groups or highlight other primary topics of concern and application within this field.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS