Blockbuster was one of the most significant global icons of in-home rental, retail movies, and game entertainment in the mid-1980s. It is a great profile of how a lack of strategy, management, and obsolescence in planning for change can affect the success and growth of an organization.
A 400word paper that includes at least one citation/reference to a source from this lesson. Assignments should have a clear introduction, thesis statement and conclusion, written in APA format.
Step 1: Review the case studies (attached, file name begins with Essay)
Review the following case studies to explore how Blockbuster applied strategic planning processes to define its vision and purpose in the market.
A Blockbuster Failure: How an Outdated Business Model Destroyed a Giant from Davis, T. and Higgins, J. (2013), Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case Studies, University of Tennessee, Research and Creative Exchange http://trace.tennessee.edu/utk_studlawbankruptcy/11
Blockbuster Videos Inc, Failure Case Study from Devika, A., Challa, P., Sirasala, R., Ghanta, S., and Gorrepati, V.(2016) Enterprises Architecture
Discuss strategic management and/or planning practices that made Blockbuster successful. Highlight those practices or principles that you see as key success drivers.
In what ways do you think Blockbuster failed, and how better strategic planning and positioning have prevented their demise.
Make at least 3 recommendations that the organization would have to consider, regarding the strategic planning and critical decisions for growth, innovation, and expansion into the entertainment market.
If Blockbuster were still in business, how might the strategic planning decisions or practices differ for the organization to succeed in todays technology-driven world?
Use these writing guidelines:
Include a cover page and references in addition to your required word count.
Use correct APA format (7th Edition).
Use section headings to organize.
Use size 12 Times New Roman font.
Include in-text citations.
Use correct spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and verb tense.
- Discuss strategic management and/or planning practices that made Blockbuster successful.
- Write a paper that clearly demonstrate your understanding of the activity.
- Discuss 2-3 errors while avoiding the term human error.
- Write an argumentative essay about the FDA menthol smoking ban and how it is a good start but not enough because vaping is an issue.
- What is the best attribute in a ARMY leader?
- Discuss why developing alternative strategic plans is important in order to meet the policy changes in the healthcare environment.
- To what extent does the organization’s strategic planning around this issue align with its organizational mission and vision?
- Write a report outlining a strategic planning exercise for an organisation that you select.
- Discuss by demonstrating the ability to write a college-level paper is also a key focus of the assignment.
- Explain what the opposition’s arguments were, and at least try to understand where they were coming from or why they thought what they did.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS