The purpose of an article review is to provide the academic community with a description, summary, and evaluation of the completed work. For the article review, students will assume the role of an expert who is critically evaluating contemporary research in the field of psychology. Students will incorporate material from across the course, analyzing and applying theories and principles of psychology, into a cohesive and well-written article review. This learning activity will facilitate the development of research skills, critical thinking, and writing skills that are necessary to success in the field of psychology. The article for review was chosen in Week 2 of the course and must be used in this review. Carefully read the selected article, and then write the Article Review.
Begin with a well-written introduction to the article that:
Analyzes the article and identifies the professional area of psychology it represents
Assesses the roles of psychology professionals within this area and describes whether or not the article clearly and correctly represents these roles.
Evaluate the theoretical perspective on which the study is based
Detail the hypotheses presented in the study or the relationship of interest
Describe the sample(s) presented in the study (how participants were obtained, selected, sample size, etc.)
Discuss where the study was conducted: university setting (lab), organization (field), etc.
Examine the ethical concerns in the study using the APA Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct as a guide.
Summarize the results of the study. Be certain to specify the findings and whether or not the hypotheses were supported.
Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the study (usually found in the discussion section of the article).
Evaluate possible contemporary applications of the results within the article
Create a conclusion that includes a synopsis of professional insights about the study.
In the creation of the Article Review, it is paramount to include information in the form of peer-reviewed research to support any statements made. A minimum of five peer-reviewed articles, not including the article chosen for this assignment, are required for this paper.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Must include a title page with the following:
Title of paper
Course name and number
Must begin with an introductory paragraph that includes an analysis of the article and identification of the professional area of psychology it represents, as well as an assessment of the clear description of the roles of psychology professionals within the area presented.
Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
Must end with a conclusion that includes a synopsis of professional insights about the study.
- Discuss where the study was conducted: university setting (lab), organization (field), etc.
- What do you see as Facebook’s original purpose as opposed to what it is today?
- Explain what you understand a scholarly source and a professional/trade source to be.
- Write a graphical synthesis of biblical chronology and archaeology for the period of King David to the return from exile.
- Explain why Social change requires the committed actions of the many, not the few. This week, you create a cohesive publicity campaign proposal designed to maximize public exposure and support for your social change issue. (recycling in schools)
- Explain the reasoning and find compelling evidence online to support your answer.
- Do you agree with the idea of using an ethical sliding scale for schizophrenia diagnosis?
- Explain your view on whether you agree or disagree with the demonstration and why or why not.
- Explain and examine the neural structures involved in your topic by choosing, naming, and explaining the roles of 3 or more specific and relevant regions of the brain or nervous system.
- Describe the technique you selected and why you find it especially compelling as a research method.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS