Critical Thinking Assignment: Are You Talking to Me?
Students must attend or view, one of the following to write about: a sculpture or painting (you may use two of either for this assignment if desired), a live play, or a film. You must view this artwork during the weeks of our class. After contemplating, reflecting, and reviewing the selected artwork(s), the student will write an essay using MLA style that reacts to the following questions:
1. What, where, and when did you view this art? (Students must view their selection somewhere in the time element of this course.) What is this work? (Define what the work is such as an oil painting or a full-length narrative film.) What is the content of this work? (Give a brief synopsis only.)
2. Who is the author? (Research this artist and discuss her/his background or context. Make sure to document your use of sources using MLA style.) What historical or societal conditions and situations are influencing or motivating the artist? Are these evident in this particular work? If so, how and where, and if not, why not?
3. What is the author trying to communicate in this work? Decide what this artist is trying to say to us, or the purpose of the work; then, discuss how this author uses the elements and other components to make a point. Also, discuss if you have uncovered any research that supports or disagrees with what you feel the author is trying to communicate.
4. Does this work have merit? Did this author accomplish his/her intent? Does this work make you think differently? Is it worthy of your recommendation? Does it offer entertainment and messages that are relevant to this and future generations? What does this work communicate to you directly? Did you have any assumptions about this work and the author before contemplation and research? Relating to our core value, personal development, how did reflection and research on this work alter your thinking and how you perceive this artwork, and perhaps, the world?
Notes: use the MLA style to write this essay. It should contain an introduction and conclusion and employ proper grammar, punctuation, and syntax. Students will be graded using the attached rubric.
- flooding in venice italy
- Cognitive behavior therapy for postpartum depression reduces symptoms.
- Pacific Islander final paper
- Thinking back on the Bach “Little Fugue: Additional Assignment #2 how many times did it take to recognize the Bach style within the one-minute Simone improvisation?
- Engaging in Art – Critical Thinking Paper
- New England Patriots Press Release for the Scandal (videotaping opposing teams)
- New England Patriots Scandal Societal Perception
- Artificial Intelligence strategies for Microsoft Corporation
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS