Explain the cognitive-behavioral models of health anxiety and how misinterpretations of bodily stimuli can cause people to be distressed and think they have a disease or virus when in reality they do not. This was a very common occurrence with the Covid-19 pandemic because so much of the population was anxious and there was so much misinformation that society’s anxiety levels skyrocketed and a lot of mental health problems started to surge around the world. I found it interesting that CBT was the current treatment for health anxiety and it makes sense so that people with this anxiety can learn coping mechanisms to manage their stress. I do find that it may be more difficult to treat health anxiety than other types because there is so much false media at the tip of our fingers. Lots of webpages have put false information about medicine and diseases that are easily accessible to the public, this may make CBT difficult for health anxiety patients. My Uncle Danny suffered from health anxiety from the pandemic and is still struggling to get back to normal. He barely leaves his house still and wears masks everywhere, at family gatherings this summer he was insecure when it came to hugging family members. I hope that in the future we have better mental health help and treatments for people that suffer from health anxiety.
This chapter talks about the behavioral immune system and how people may be prejudiced against foreigners during a pandemic. Taylor quotes, This suggest that during times of pandemic there will be a general increase in stigmatization and xenophobia where foreigners and other out groups are blamed for being sources of infection (Taylor, 2020). I think during the coronavirus pandemic there was a lot of prejudice held on foreigners because we did not know in the beginning how the virus was contracted or where the virus came from. There were also lots of rumors that it came from China which made many people scared. I found an article that explains how people felt about buying imported good during the pandemic if they were from China or the U.S. because those are the two countries that had a high incident and prevalence rates, Good from China and the U.S. were perceived as particularly risky by consumers in other countries , according to Kantars findings, with 47% saying they were far less in favor of buying American and Chinese products (Taylor, 2020). I remember during the pandemic if we ordered anything from amazon or China my parents would make us leave it outside for 24 hours because they thought if we touched the package we would get coronavirus. I think it is important to acknowledge our BIS And PVDs so that we can know if we are more vulnerable to the virus or to health anxiety so that we can learn how to cope and how to get past a pandemic or an infection.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/23/coronavirus-is-it-safe-to-buy-imported-goods-amid-the-pandemic.html (Links to an external site.)
Chapter 7 explains how conspiracy theories are heightened during a pandemic because the misinformation in the media is sometimes spread faster than the virus itself. This reminded me of last week’s discussion and the Pandemic video. I found it fascinating how easily convincing she made all of her facts sound and it made sense to me how such a large population fall for these conspiracy theories when things are uncertain. I found it interesting that the chapter stated, But once the belief in conspiracy theory is firmly established, it can be difficult to correct (more in the inbox for u)
- Write a reflection on the synoptic problem and issues of sources in the gospel narratives.
- Explain what is a “Hammock Activity.”
- Write a paper (title and reference page not necessary) on how you see yourself as a social worker, approaching interventions within a session with a client/patient.
- Write a paper discussing your personal beliefs, attitudes, feelings, and knowledge of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- What are the advantages of keeping and updating a construction schedule?
- What potentially negative consequences were you familiar with before this course?
- Explain the cognitive-behavioral models of health anxiety and how misinterpretations of bodily stimuli can cause people to be distressed and think they have a disease or virus when in reality they do not.
- What are the shortcomings in WHO pandemic policy?
- Describe some of the issues that need to be addressed in submission/repositing protocols.
- Discuss how his posit “When we have an others-focused outward mindset, we naturally want to help themto use our own resources and talents to make their lives better, however we can.”
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER