Explain why people commit crimes, the results of some theories when applied may lead to unethical outcomes. For example, the theory that genetic testing can help identify people that may be more likely to commit crime may seem like a scientifically logical way to explain behavior (see page 272 in the article, The Return of Lombroso? Ethical Aspects of (Visions of) Preventative Forensic Screening in the Role of Ethics resource section). But how should criminal justice professionals apply that theory? Should every person have genetic testing? Should people whose genetic testing reveals they might be more likely to commit crimes be sent through special programs, or simply removed from society? None of those options would be considered ethical. This is just one example, but it highlights the importance of assessing the outcome of any applied criminological theory to make sure it is ethical and unbiased.
Using the provided Module Seven Practice Activity Template Word Document, do the following:
Choose two criminal behaviors from the list provided in the template. Then, based on what you have learned in your resources, choose the criminological theory from the provided list in the template you believe best explains each criminal behavior. (Please do not use the same theory to explain both criminal behaviors.) Next, in 100 to 150 words for each theory, describe how you believe it explains the criminal behavior. Lastly, in 100 to 150 words, explain how each theory is ethical or unethical.
Specifically, the following rubric criteria must be addressed:
Identify two criminological theories that best explain specific criminal behavior.
Describe how each criminological theory explains the criminal behavior.
Explain how each applied criminological theory is ethical or not ethical.
- Describe the resources you will require to achieve your project goals.
- Reply to the initial thread with an analysis and/or critique of ideas presented.
- Describe a hypothesis test study that would help your work or conclusions in some way.
- Explain what the films argument or thesis was, what the film did well, what the film did badly, and whether it should be assigned in the future.
- What are the effects of controlling BP in people with diabetes?
- Explain why people commit crimes, the results of some theories when applied may lead to unethical outcomes.
- Does the executive summary follow the model from the Victoria Business School and include Headings and other elements that model recommends?
- Write assignment details, rubric, and both procedures from the surgical technology cengage.com textbook.
- What types of primary research does the author cite in the report?
- Discuss how you would argue the first three requirements on behalf of the discharged employee?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS