compose a persuasive essay (400-word minimum) that counterargues fallacies such as false claims and stereotypes. The purpose of this assignment is to provide counterarguments for a fallacious opinion.
In this essay assignment, use a minimum of three counterargument examples to argue against one of the fallacious arguments below, and develop those counterarguments in separate paragraphs without using personal attacks or forms of the words false or lie. Do not take a middle of the road position in your counterarguments. Take a firm stand.
Incidentally, what is wrong with using a personal attack? Personal attacks in an essay or research paper are referred to as ad hominin fallacies, which are also in this weeks Lesson Overview reading assignment. Short version: Instead of a personal attack, argue against the persons ideas. People are not morons although some of their ideas are moronic.
For example, if a writer refers to President Bozo as incompetent, brainless, and has a lack of leadership skills; that writer has committed an ad hominin fallacy even though the writer is correct.
Have a good time with this one. Below are the fallacious arguments. To counterargue them, a writer would have to offer specific reasons about why the original arguments are fallacious.
MUST CHOOSE FROM ONE OF THE FOILLOWING:
Fallacious argument 1: The voting age in the United States should be lowered to 16 years of age because todays 16-year-olds are more responsible and informed than those that age in the past decades.
Fallacious argument 2: Noncitizens who violated federal law by illegally crossing into the United States should be allowed to vote in elections if they apologize and have violated no other laws.
This is about attacking a persons ideas not their name in an essay, that’s what the essay is about.
- The FDA lifted restrictions on TV ads for prescription drugs in 1997, allowing manufacturers to advertise drugs without including lengthy disclaimers explaining the often numerous side effects. How has this regulatory change affected the market for pharmaceuticals?
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a plays division into acts and scenes. The attached is a one-act-play – what are the benefits and limitations of the play not being divided into scenes and acts?
- Fallacies in Essays
- Strategy Implementation
- Select one theory discussed this trimester and use it to explain the criminal behaviour of any famous or documented criminal.
- Describe some of the central principles of Puritan Ideology and illustrate their significance in specific literary works.
- This paper is supposed to be a theoretical research paper and is question-based
- Write a paper that compares and contrasts the selected therapies chosen for this topic
- Critical Essay and Data Rendering
- The New Deal programs created a wide range of social welfare and worker rights programs or laws that significantly changed the role of the federal government in most peoples lives.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS