Learning Outcomes The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the tasks below include:
(a) Develop a strong understanding of the principles of risk and return in the context of securities and be able to measure risk and return professionally.
(b) Use a range of models including Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) and modern portfolio theory with reference to both conceptual and practical implications
arising in investment settings, asset allocation decisionmaking, the functioning of securities markets and stock indexes
The chapters in the prescribed text Essentials of Investments by Bodie et.al. are
– Risk & Return: Past & Prologue
– Efficient Diversification
The assignment will be done individually. Students will be issued with an Excel sheet including the following data on a monthly basis for a certain number of years:
(i) closing share prices for four imaginary companies plus cash dividends paid by these companies, and
(ii) closing values of an accumulation index of ordinary shares of large companies (an accumulation index incorporates dividends), and
(iii) government bond yields
Students are to perform the following tasks:
1. Compute monthly holding period returns (HPRs) for the companies and for the index.
2. Compute monthly average HPRs with and without compounding for the companies and for the market and compare the returns.
3. Compute annualised HPRs for the companies and for the market with and without compounding using the figures you computed in Question 2.
4. Compute standard deviation of share returns for the companies and for the market using monthly HPRs you calculated in Question 1 and comment on the standard deviations. Outside of standard deviation can you think of another measure that may be worthwhile considering here in terms of assessing the stand-alone risk of a particular investment versus the returns it has been generating. If so, make that calculation and provide an insightful commentary.
5. Compute annualised standard deviation of share returns for the companies and for the market. Use your calculations from Question 4.
This FINA2003 – Finance Assignment has been solved by our Finance experts at Schooling Best. Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to this question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our Experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing style.
Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive,plagiarism (with free Turnitin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS