Prior to beginning work on this interactive assignment, read Chapter 6 in the text and view the Top Hacker Shows Us How Its Done: Pablos Holman at Tedx Midwests (https://www.youtube.com/user/TEDxTalks) video.
As the sheriff of the Village of Dibley, you have noticed an alarming surge in the number of identity-theft cases affecting the residents. You have become aware of a startling lack of knowledge on the part of members of the community regarding the crime of identity theft and the various ways it can occur.
As a result of your observances, you have taken on the task of developing a public service announcement to better educate people on identity theft. You must create an educational, five-slide PowerPoint video presentation for the residents of Dibley on the various aspects of the crime of identity theft. Your PowerPoint presentation must be clear and provide the audience with an understanding of the purpose and meaning of the public service announcement. Your presentation must not exceed five minutes in length.
Your PowerPoint presentation PSA must;
Explain the various ways identity theft can occur.
Identify the types of information identity thieves are most likely to target.
Analyze ways members of the general public can protect themselves against identity thieves.
Analyze techniques members of law enforcement can use to combat identity theft and the legal challenges that arise as a result of such police activity.
Include visual enhancements in your PowerPoint presentation. These may include: appropriate images, a consistent font, appropriate animations, and transitions from content piece-to-content piece and slide-to-slide. Images should be cited in APA format as outlined by the Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Students may wish to use the Where to Get Free Images (Links to an external site.) guide for assistance with accessing freely available public domain and/or Creative Commons licensed images. It is recommended that you access Garr Reynolds Top Ten Slide Tips (Links to an external site.), which provides useful assistance with creating successful PowerPoint presentations.
After you have created your PowerPoint, you will create a screencast video of your presentation using the software and/or platform of your choice. Quick start guides are available for Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.), and Jing (Links to an external site.) for your convenience. Your screencast may be three to five minutes long, but may not exceed five minutes. It is highly recommended that you create a script or speakers notes for your PowerPoint to ensure that your screencast will meet the time requirements. This will also allow you to practice your presentation prior to recording it. Once your screencast has been created, copy and paste the URL to your screencast into the initial post, and attach your PowerPoint presentation to the post prior to submitting.
Holt, T. J., Bossler, A. M., & Seigfried-Spellar, K. C. (2018). Cybercrime and digital forensics: An introduction (2nd ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com/
Chapter 6: Economic Crimes and On-Line Fraud
Chapter 7: Pornography, Prostitution, and Sex Crimes
Heins, M. (2009). Not in my backyard (Links to an external site.). Index on Censorship, 38(1), 96-103. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03064220802712191
The full-text version of this article is available through the EBSCOhost database in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This article provides legal and legislative background on various attempts by authorities to curb online obscenity. It will assist you in the development of this weeks discussion post.
Kinsley, J. M. (2013). Sexual privacy in the internet age: How substantive due process protects online obscenity (Links to an external site.). Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law, 16(1), 103- 131. Retrieved from http://www.jetlaw.org/
The full-text version of this article is available through the EBSCOhost database in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This article provides an analysis of legal attempts throughout the years used to combat obscenity with a specific focus on issues related to the First and Fourteenth Amendments. It will assist you in the development of this weeks discussion post.
Holman, P. (2012, August 31). Top hacker shows us how its done: Pablos Holman at TEDx Midwests (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/Top-Hacker-Shows-Us-How-Its-Don;search%3Aholman
This TEDx video is a discussion by Pablo Homan on techniques used by hackers and cyber criminals to conduct fraud and various other computer based crime. It will assist you in the development of this weeks discussion post. This video has closed captions.
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
MSCJ Professional Sources (Links to an external site.). (http://ashford-mscj.weebly.com)
- What recourse does an employee have when faced with discriminatory practices, both within the corporation (e.g. register a complaint with the organization’s human resource department) and/or compliance officer and outside the corporation (e.g. file a complaint with the Department of Labor)?
- Write a risk management policy and procedure for a health care organization.
- Write a concept paper that will highlight the following elements: housing market research for low-income housing residents in the state of Pennsylvania, social determinants?
- Identify the types of information identity thieves are most likely to target.
- What specific skills did you demonstrate during your mock helping relationship?
- Discuss and demonstrate understanding of major sociological perspectives of the family.
- What is the most important information used to support the arguments (assertions)?
- Is Cultural Fit a Qualification for Hiring or a Disguise for Bias?
- Explain and evaluate the psychological, sociological and biological explanations for Schizophrenia.
- Compare and evaluate the reliability of the source, and one or two to explain how this source is helpful to your project.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS