Using your understanding of computer number system and logic, answer the questions provided. Context
Computer systems only understand binary numbers. The CPU, the main component inside a computer system, makes logical decision based on binary numbers. In Modules 3 and 4, you learned about computing mathematics and logic. This assessment focuses on your understanding of the number system and logic in computers.
Read the questions carefully and give clear and precise answers. You should start with a title page, and then a very short introduction about your work. Please do not forget to include the references list in the end of your work. Please do not forget to include the AI declaration after your title page.
- Choose a sentence of no more than 25 characters containing your name (Example: ‘Kyle is inhigh school.’ Identify the ASCII code for each character; identify its decimal representation and then convert it into its equivalent binary number. Please make sure to demonstrate how you arrived to the results, by elaborating on at least 1-2 conversions. What are the steps you have applied? What information is needed for your conversions? (10 marks).
- Convert the binary sequence (identified in part ‘a’) back to characters. Again, you need to demonstrate for at least 1-2 conversions, and then show the results for all the converted binary sequence. (5 marks).
- Show the hexadecimal representation of each character in the selected sentence. You can use either conversion method, and elaborate on the conversion processes, for at least 1 or 2 of the characters. (5 marks).
Select an everyday real-life problem that requires two inputs. You can choose anything from your studies, workplace, device functionalities, laws, etc. Once selected, represent it using a truth table. Explain the possible outcomes. Represent your problem using a logic diagram. The example has to be relevant and correct (something that will have different outcomes from different combinations of the inputs). Please elaborate on your solution (20 marks).
Use the internet to investigate and explain what data transfer rate or speed is. Please use references to support your discussion (10 marks).
How is the concept of Set Theory applied to Relational Databases? Give two examples and explain the relevant with set theory of the taken examples. Please note that just explaining the set theory, or/and Relational Databases, will not be enough to score well in this question. Please use references (10 marks).
Identify and explain at least two applications of hexadecimal numbers in modern computing. Please support your discussion with external references (10marks).
Consider the following scenario:
The three inputs which affect the outcome of a business are:
- the management is good
- employees are satisfied
- people are hard-working
If the management is not good, the organisation will be in loss. If management is good and employees are satisfied but they do not work hard, then the organisation will be in loss. If the management is good but the employees are not satisfied, then the business will break-even. If all three conditions are satisfied, then the organisation will be in profit.
Analyse all the three scenarios and identify the inputs and outputs to a process which decides all the different outcomes/scenarios. Show this in the form of truth tables and logic diagrams for each of the scenarios. Hint: To convert the truth tables into logic diagrams, the easiest way is to convert first into a Boolean expressions, and then into logic diagrams (30 marks).
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS