Pretend you are preparing a research paper on James Joyces Araby (a short story attached); your job is to demonstrate how you would use the MLA system on this project.
Create, according to MLA format, a Works Cited listing three sources (the story itself, plus two other sources) that would be useful for quoting in a paper about that story. Write out five quotes from these sources, correctly cited according to MLA format. This MLA exercise is worth 50 points.
Note that the story was set in Ireland in the early part of the 20th century, when Ireland was already under the domination of England. It was written by James Joyce, a very famous and much-analyzed writer. Sources about Ireland’s situation and critiques of Joyce and his work could be useful sources of quotes.
The purpose of this is to show that you understand how to construct a Works Cited and how to cite quotes. You are NOT required to write an actual research paper. Attached you will find “24 MLA Example” which shows how a student successfully completed this assignment (but using “Civil Peace,” a different story, set in Nigeria).
Here is the correct Works Cited listing for Araby:
Joyce, James. Araby. Santa Monica College English 2 Reader. Enoch Anderson, Ed. Santa Monica College Repro, 2019: 55-59.
- Write a book review essay discussing your perception of the book. Did you like it?
- Pretend you are preparing a research paper on James Joyces Araby (a short story attached); your job is to demonstrate how you would use the MLA system on this project.
- Discover why some people are far more susceptible to addiction than others as the author illuminates striking neural similarities between drugs and other pleasures potentially capable of causing abuse or addictionincluding alcohol, gambling, sex, caffeine, and even Internet overuse.
- What are the major marketing issues in the case? Include a summary of the main issues of the case, which is not a regurgitation of the facts but an analysis of them. Include a SWOT analysis.
- Discuss the history of selected movement or issue thoroughly. Be sure to include the actors involved those for/against the issue and explain their respective positions. (
- Explain the growing problem of cybercrime.
- What is the prism of difference as presented by Baca Zinn, Hondagneu-Sotelo and Messner?
- Discuss the effects of race on the life chances of an individual in the areas of housing and employment.
- How is the current administration changing?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS