Read the following in The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization:
Chapter 9, “Mental Models. Youll learn about the discipline of reflection and inquiry that is focused on developing awareness of attitudes and perceptions, your own and those of others, in the organization. As you read, consider how working with mental models can also help you clearly define current organizational reality. Since most mental models are often hidden from view, one of the critical contributions for a leader of a learning organization is to develop the collaborative capacity to talk safely and productively about different attitudes with minimal defensive barriers.
For this assignment, you will write a paper (minimum of 300 words) in which you describe the concept of mental models to a chosen audience (either individual or group) and explain how the concept can create opportunities for improvement within the organization. At the end of the paper you will provide several questions for your audience to think about to promote greater understanding of how the five disciplines inter-relate and may be applied to reveal dynamics within the organization.
Review Chapter 9, “Mental Models,” in Senge’s The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization. Consider carefully the following concepts that are raised in the chapter:
Implicit mental models.
Left-hand column technique.
Balancing inquiry and advocacy.
Espoused theory versus theory in use.
Mental models limited to representation of events and mental models that encompass patterns of events.
**Write a 300-word (minimum) paper addressed to a particular person/group in which you:
-Identify and briefly describe your target audience (individual or group).
Provide context to your audience by, in your own words, writing a brief description of mental models.
-What are mental models?
-How do mental models make possible personal and organizational learning?
-How do the principles of personal mastery and mental models interact to strengthen and reinforce one another?
-How do mental models provide a foundation for engaging in or strengthening systems thinking?
-Identify and briefly define the elements of mental models that directly pertain to your chosen group or individual.
-Explain to your audience how mental models can create opportunities for improvement within the organization.
-Your explanation should be responsive to the perspectives of your audience.
-Provide specific support for your statements and assertions as you draw connections between mental models and your examples.
-Your examples should include specific details that promote greater understanding of the aspects of mental models that you want to convey to your audience.
-At the end of your paper include at least 3 questions about mental models as they relate to your audience that, when thoughtfully considered, might promote continuous improvement and organizational learning.
-In your writing, try to make specific connections between the concept(s) in The -Fifth Discipline and organizational details. Avoid writing in vague generalizations that do little to demonstrate a grasp of the concept or enlighten your audience.
-Audience: Include a statement that identifies the audience at beginning of the paper and a set of questions for the audience at the end.
-Font and Font Size: 12-point Times Roman, single spaced.
-Length: A minimum of 300 words.
-References: As needed to support your ideas.
-APA Style and Format: Format your paper using appropriate APA style and formatting.
- Argument For/Against Livestock Grazing
- the color purple
- The Color Purple Research Paper
- Describe Kants line of reasoning in which he arrives at the Categorical Imperative.(Simply stating the Categorical Imperative is not enough to satisfy this question. Describe Kants reasoning to the best of your ability) What does this imply that all agents must have access to? Is this a reasonable constraint on moral agency and moral decision making? Additionally consider
- Unit III Project
- Describe the optimum point for industry and corporations to engage Congress to help shape the scope of the legislation. What tools do they use to influence Congress?
- Unit V Article Review
- Unit III Scholarly Activity
- Unit VII Scholarly Activity
- Reflection in Practice: Mental Models
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS