Review the Wk 2 – Apply: Statistical Report assignment.
In preparation for writing your report to senior management next week, conduct the following descriptive statistics analyses with Microsoft Excel. Answer the questions below in your Microsoft Excel sheet or in a separate Microsoft Word document:
Insert a new column in the database that corresponds to Annual Sales. Annual Sales is the result of multiplying a restaurants SqFt. by Sales/SqFt.
Calculate the mean, standard deviation, skew, 5-number summary, and interquartile range (IQR) for each of the variables.
Create a box-plot for the Annual Sales variable. Does it look symmetric? Would you prefer the IQR instead of the standard deviation to describe this variables dispersion? Why?
Create a histogram for the Sales/SqFt variable. Is the distribution symmetric? If not, what is the skew? Are there any outliers? If so, which one(s)? What is the SqFt area of the outlier(s)? Is the outlier(s) smaller or larger than the average restaurant in the database? What can you conclude from this observation?
What measure of central tendency is more appropriate to describe Sales/SqFt? Why?
Below is the information for the week 2 assignment and is provided only as a reference. Nothing from the information below needs to be answered for this week’s assignment.
This assignment is intended to help you learn how to apply statistical methods when analyzing operational data, evaluating the performance of current marketing strategies, and recommending actionable business decisions. This is an opportunity to build critical-thinking and problem-solving skills within the context of data analysis and interpretation. Youll gain a first-hand understanding of how data analytics supports decision-making and adds value to an organization.
Pastas R Us, Inc. is a fast-casual restaurant chain specializing in noodle-based dishes, soups, and salads. Since its inception, the business development team has favored opening new restaurants in areas (within a 3-mile radius) that satisfy the following demographic conditions:
Median age between 25 45 years old
Household median income above national average
At least 15% college educated adult population
Last year, the marketing department rolled out a Loyalty Card strategy to increase sales. Under this program, customers present their Loyalty Card when paying for their orders and receive some free food after making 10 purchases.
The company has collected data from its 74 restaurants to track important variables such as average sales per customer, year-on-year sales growth, sales per sq. ft., Loyalty Card usage as a percentage of sales, and others. A key metric of financial performance in the restaurant industry is annual sales per sq. ft. For example, if a 1200 sq. ft. restaurant recorded $2 million in sales last year, then it sold $1,667 per sq. ft.
Executive management wants to know whether the current expansion criteria can be improved. They want to evaluate the effectiveness of the Loyalty Card marketing strategy and identify feasible, actionable opportunities for improvement. As a member of the analytics department, youve been assigned the responsibility of conducting a thorough statistical analysis of the companys available database to answer executive managements questions.
Write a 750-word statistical report that includes the following sections:
Section 1: Scope and descriptive statistics
Section 2: Analysis
Section 3: Recommendations and Implementation
Section 1 – Scope and descriptive statistics
State the reports objective.
Discuss the nature of the current database. What variables were analyzed?
Summarize your descriptive statistics findings from Excel. Use a table and insert appropriate graphs.
Section 2 – Analysis
Using Excel, create scatter plots and display the regression equations for the following pairs of variables:
BachDeg% versus Sales/SqFt
MedIncome versus Sales/SqFt
MedAge versus Sales/SqFt
LoyaltyCard(%) versus SalesGrowth(%)
In your report, include the scatter plots. For each scatter plot, designate the type of relationship observed (increasing/positive, decreasing/negative, or no relationship) and determine what you can conclude from these relationships.
Section 3: Recommendations and implementation
Based on your findings above, assess which expansion criteria seem to be more effective. Could any expansion criterion be changed or eliminated? If so, which one and why?
Based on your findings above, does it appear as if the Loyalty Card is positively correlated with sales growth? Would you recommend changing this marketing strategy?
Based on your previous findings, recommend marketing positioning that targets a specific demographic. (Hint: Are younger people patronizing the restaurants more than older people?)
Indicate what information should be collected to track and evaluate the effectiveness of your recommendations. How can this data be collected? (Hint: Would you use survey/samples or census?)
- Statistics Analysis
- Motivational interviewing
- Enriching a Sociocultural Model of Body Image: Examining the Role of Self-Esteem, Religion as a Coping Mechanism, and Body Assessment as Protective Factors for Physical Dissatisfaction in Women with Breast Cancer Experience
- Alternative energy Analysis
- ADP ribosyl cyclase and Mg2+-dependent ecto-ATP diphosphohydrolase in the Patiria miniata
- Extra Credit can be earned by submitting a report on, current (published within the current semester), debt, money markets, interest rates, the Federal Reserve and Financial Institutions engaged in fixed income investment and management, articles appearing in periodicals such as The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, The New York Times, Business Week, Fortune, Forbes, The Economist, Bloomberg and similar quality publications. The report must: (1) have a cover page stating the Title and source of the article, your name, course and section number; (2) plus a minimum of 2 pages in length, (font size 12 or less, 1 inch margins, double-spaced), and include a detailed summary of the article and a separately identified commentary including yours or other authors opinions of the topic and the reporting. (3) You must also attach a copy of the article to your report. (Note: You may not use the same extra credit article for another course.) You can earn up to a maximum of 2 full overall grade points per report. (Note: Articles assigned as readings for this class, are not eligible for extra credit.)
- Analyzing Martin Luther King Jr.s 1964 London Speech
- Based upon the readings from Systems Engineering: Principles and Practice, in your own words, describe the four (4) basic steps of the needs analysis. Provide a description of each step.
- Using the country (Canada) that you investigated with respect to Global Health, propose research that looks at changing a key behavior or element within the population or society to improve the health of the population (could be one major segment of the population such as children).
- Choose a hand tool that is most frequently used in your work area or an area you are familiar with. Describe the history of the tool and how it came to be the most frequently used. Show photos of previous versions of said tool and what it looks like today.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS