1. Triads and harmony write a minimum 50-word review and list any pieces of music used in this video. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m18vsiemziog3qf/Triad%20and%20harmony.mp4?dl=0
2.https://www.dropbox.com/s/eith4vbbh24xre3/Cadences%20and%20phrases.mp4?dl=0 Cadences and phrases: Simoncic demonstrates the half-cadence belonging to an antecedent phrase or (the question phrase) and the authentic or complete cadence belonging to the consequent or answer phrase.
Chords, harmony, and a little phrase form. Write a minimum of 50 to 75 reviews. Please include the names of any works used for this demonstration.
3. There are common Baroque music period traits in both Antonio Vivaldi’s “spring” from The Four Seasons and Bach toccata and fugue in D minor. Listen to Bach from this link but only from timestamp 0:00 to 2:30 (the toccata only). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnuq9PXbywA
Answer this: What evidence of Baroque drama do you hear in these two pieces? For Bach please supply two timestamps when answering, for Vivaldi simply use recall from the Playlist assignment. This is “critical listening”.
4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa2vzx-aNrw&list=RDWa2vzx-aNrw&start_radio=1 Purcell’s Sound the Trumpet: This video is 9:32 long. Watch this entire and fun rehearsal: Notice the shape of the trumpet and that it has holes rather than valves: Purcell’s Sound the Trumpet is another example of Baroque style counterpoint, walking bass line, and colorful ornamentation of the vocal part. In addition, the male voice is singing in a soprano vocal range, falsetto. Keep an eye on the harpsichord (keyboard instrument) as it supplies a constant rhythm and chord changes. During the Baroque period, the keyboardist was expected to improvise over a bass line with chord symbols provided by the composer. This is referred to as “figured bass”, a very important term. The other parts were written out completely. Today, even the harpsichord part is written out. I have been paid on numerous occasions to write out the harpsichord parts for the modern musician.
Answer this: What key elements of Baroque music and performing techniques did you learn from this video? You may reference my hints but must supply timestamps.
5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN3wpR-l1pk You have heard the composer Purcell’s Dido and Aeneas and his “Sound the Trumpet, now listen to one of Purcell’s humor pieces, “Pox on You”. It was written for a men’s club. I know that in today’s world that may not be PC or the ne narrative, but that was then. I won’t ask you to discuss word painting for obvious reasons. If this piece offends you, then so must some much of the “rap” with extremely questionable language, often being blared down our city streets. Whatever you may think of this piece, find its value in the complex and often polyphonic textures that many average guys were able to sing back then.
Answer this: Would you have expected this type of work from Purcell, a composer of sacred music and Opera? Why or why not?
6. But wait! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WHHW8PrF6Q Nina Simone, one of America’s greatest musicians, improvises counterpoint/polyphony in Bach style with her own twist. This takes place from timestamp 0:51 to 1:50. She was truly a remarkable musician.
Thinking back on the Bach “Little Fugue: Additional Assignment #2 how many times did it take to recognize the Bach style within the one-minute Simone improvisation?
7. Listen to both recordings of the Bach Cello Suite No. 1
Two versions of Bach Cello Suite # 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1prweT95Mo0 Bach Suite No.1 for Cello: Two performances of the same Bach Suite No.1 for cello. The first was played by Yo-Yo Ma s an original form then the Beatbox version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8vp0TXrOs8 Bach Suite #1 for cello with beatbox at timestamp 0:48. There may be times when “modernizing” a work from the past may be a fun event but only if it doesn’t take away from the meaning of the work when it was first written.
Answer this two-part question: Which performance did you prefer and do you think adding a beatbox version enhanced the music? Please don’t include something about “relating to a younger generation”. Someone once said, and I’m paraphrasing, if the music is over their head, help them to raise it rather than lowering the standard.
8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrPc8oHBGH0 Swingle Singers: Baroque/Jazz music is the easiest music to make into a jazz piece. Displace the rhythm with a half-beat (syncopation), keep the ground or walking bass line and chords as they are and surprisingly, it can sound very much like a jazz piece. This Bach fugue is the same one found in Week 2 ADA and Playlist.
Answer this: Was it easy to recognize the vocal version as being the same as the organ version? Which did you prefer and why?
Silent Monks Hallelujah chorus “Handel” This is a little odd and quite funny, but it may help the novice listener to “see” how the music works and just how much repetition is in the piece.
Answer this: Is this link worth the effort to post, why or why not? Keep civility in check!
- flooding in venice italy
- Cognitive behavior therapy for postpartum depression reduces symptoms.
- Pacific Islander final paper
- Thinking back on the Bach “Little Fugue: Additional Assignment #2 how many times did it take to recognize the Bach style within the one-minute Simone improvisation?
- Engaging in Art – Critical Thinking Paper
- New England Patriots Press Release for the Scandal (videotaping opposing teams)
- New England Patriots Scandal Societal Perception
- Artificial Intelligence strategies for Microsoft Corporation
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS