Throughout your career in cybersecurity management, you will be asked to manage and protect your companys IT department to support the companys strategic goals and mission. Computer security incident response is an important component of IT programs. Performing an incident response is a complex undertaking. Establishing the capability to respond successfully to an incident requires substantial planning and resources.
As a leader in a companys network operations center (NOC), you will be tasked with assessing the companys risk management and cybersecurity posture. As vulnerabilities and threats arise, you will be responsible for determining the who, what, when, where, and why of these events. Additionally, you will report your findings to upper management, describe how you contained these events, and provide recommendations to limit or prevent these events from happening again.
You are an incident response (IR) manager working in the newly formed Network Operations Center (NOC) for Psinuvia Inc. After a number of web exploits were reported in the news, the Board of Directors for Psinuvia asked you to validate the companys security. Following the NOCs standard operating procedure (SOP), you are asked to review the attached outputs from the vulnerability assessment and regular scans for intrusions on Psinuvias systems.
Along with detecting and reporting intrusions, per the SOP, you must evaluate the vulnerability scan output to determine whether or not a vulnerability exists on the system(s) with the potential issue and provide a report to upper management for review.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect.
A. Summarize the events that lead to the discovery of the potential vulnerability. Record your summary in the attached NOC Reporting Template.
B. Summarize the results of the security vulnerability report, nmap host scan and alarm report; including which systems and data were compromised. Be sure to address the basic assessment questions from the attached Incident Response Plan as part of your submission. Record your responses in the attached NOC Reporting Template.
C. Explain the steps you will take to identify any exploited systems and data that are included in the scope of the incident as part of your documentation in the attached NOC Reporting Template.
D. Identify the event level of the incident, who needs to be contacted, and when should they be contacted based on the company’s incident response plan. Record your responses in the attached NOC Reporting Template.
E. Justify the interventions you will use to quarantine and remediate the compromised machine using industry best practices. Record your responses in the attached NOC Reporting Template.
F. Recommend both administrative controls and technical controls that the NOC could apply to prevent or limit the damage from a similar incident in the future. Record your recommendations in the attached NOC Reporting Template.
G. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
H. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
- Week 4 Discussion Electoral college argument politics and social media
- Religious Literacy
- Why should Schools Offer Breakfeast?
- Choose one of the following assertions and write a 200 word response supporting why you agree or disagree with it. When you are done posting your response, reply to at least one classmate in no fewer than 75 words.
- What were the major battles of World War II and how did they directly affect the duration and outcome of the War? (Discussing: Midway, Iwo Jima and the Battle of the Bulge are mandatory!!)
- Throughout your career in cybersecurity management, you will be asked to manage and protect your companys IT department to support the companys strategic goals and mission. Computer security incident response is an important component of IT programs. Performing an incident response is a complex undertaking. Establishing the capability to respond successfully to an incident requires substantial planning and resources.
- Briefly explain the ethical theories of Deontology and Utilitarianism.
- Explain what a profession is based on your readings of Bayles and Meyers (i.e. discuss their central/essential qualities of professions).
- Describe how your study will be designed and organized. If you are conducting an experiment, discuss your independent, dependent, and control variables.
- Explain how you would apply organizational skills to math problems in real world situations.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS