You have been asked to be the project manager for the development of an information technology (IT) project. The system to be developed will allow a large company to coordinate and maintain its records of the professional development of its employees. The company has over 30,000 employees, who are located in four sites: Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX; Chandler, AZ; and Schaumburg, IL. The system must allow employees to locate and schedule professional-development activities that are relevant to their positions. Sophisticated search capabilities are required, and the ability to add scheduled events to the employees’ calendars is desired. The system needs to support social networking, which will allow employees to determine who is attending various conferences and events. This will promote the fostering of relationships and ensure that the company has representation at important conferences.
Once an activity has been completed, employees will use the system to submit the documentation. The system should support notifications, which will allow managers to receive notice whenever their direct reports have submitted documentation. The system should also notify employees if their deadline to complete a professional-development requirement is approaching and it has not yet been completed. Because the expenditure has been approved for the project, it is now time to justify the start-up of the project with a business case.
Using the above scenario, develop a business case and project charter (3 pages total). Include the below listed components identified with “(Unit 1).”
Section 1: Business Case (Unit 1)
Description of the problem or opportunity being presented to the business
Costs and benefits of each alternative solution
Recommended solution needed for approval
List of alternative solutions, feasibility of each in a table, and the selected solution
Section 2: Project Charter and WBS (Unit 1)
Identify project vision
Define scope of project
List project deliverables
List roles and responsibilities
List risks, issues, and assumptions
Section 3: Project Plan and Requirements (Unit 2)
Section 4: Architectural Views (Unit 3)
Section 5: Transition Plan (Unit 5)
Appendix A: Ethics (Unit 1)
Using the PMI ethics resources (found in the useful links below) as reference, explain ethical and professional considerations in the management of this project.
Prepare a Word document between 2 and 6 pages in length. You may use a Project Charter template as the foundation of your Word document.
- Global Marketing
- Read Chapter 25: “Voices of Freedom” on pages 786-787. Write 600 words (about 2 pages) comparing the excerpts by Barry Goldwater and Betty Friedan of NOW. Read the two excerpts, see if the documents deal with issues in the chapter and write an essay discussing those issues, or on what the excerpts tell you about the two authors and the times they lived in.
- Read Chapter 19: “Voices of Freedom” on pages 586-587. Write 600 words (about 2 pages) on the excerpts by Woodrow Wilson and Eugene V. Debs. Read the two excerpts, see if the documents raise or discuss issues in the chapter, and write an essay criticizing or commenting on those issues, or on what the excerpts tell you about the two authors and the times they lived in.
- Explain the association of business ethics and employee engagement.
- What strategies can leaders implement to overcome cognitive biases in order to make effective decisions at the workplace?
- Using the PMI ethics resources (found in the useful links below) as reference, explain ethical and professional considerations in the management of this project.
- Critically evaluate the strategies and the issues faced and what should they do? Support your recommendations by analysis and argument.
- design three student-focused inquiry learning plans that introduce and/or develop function related concepts. These are not a sequence of lessons. There is to be one for Stage 4 (Year 7 – 8), one for Stage 5 (Year 9 – 10), and one for Stage 6 (Year 11 – 12). Based off https://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/k-10/learning-areas/mathematics/mathematics-k-10/content
- frankly book review critique
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS