Godawas short film Cruel Logic, is a brilliant example of a narrative that portrays worldview engagement. In the film, a postmodernist professor has a dialogue with a secular materialist in order to highlight the failure of both worldviews.
The value in this video is severalfold. First, it communicates dramatically that there are indeed costs incurred by the thoughts we think. Our thoughts lead to actions, so what we think will result in how we live. Specifically, a persons wholesale adoption of a post-modern perspective on reality can result in that person diminishing the value of Scripture, diminishing the value of objective truth, even diminishing the value of truth claims made by friends and family. Second, understanding the close connection between what we think and how we act heightens the need to depend on God for our own right thinking. Scripture addresses this reality in numerous places. A couple of great examples are Romans 12:2 (Renew your mind!) and 2 Corinthians 10:5 (Take every thought captive!). Third, this video shows clearly and, again, dramatically that both post-modernism and secular materialism are deficient as worldviews.
A big goal of this class is not only to show you the right ways to think (e.g., a Christian worldview) but to illuminate the dangers of thinking wrongly and recklessly (e.g., post-modernism, secular materialism). We are willing to present uncomfortable and even difficult demonstrations of the wrong as long as we do not compromise biblical truth; this video does not constitute such a compromise. Youre an adult, you can handle this, and God will be glorified through your consequent and strengthened desire to think in godly ways.
In light of this film, please answer the questions after you have watched the video:
What is missing from both of the worldviews presented in Cruel Logic?
How do you think the film would be different if a Christian, a Marxist, or a pantheist were included in the dialogue?
Within your answer in the initial post, include at least one direct quotation from the video. To demonstrate the skill of collegiate-level writing, quotations should be woven into your answer’s naturally (rather than merely “stuck on” or listed).
- CLARIFYING THE PROBLEM
- Respond to your classmate, saying whether you agree with their assertion about which method of classifying costs would be most effective and why you agree or disagree.
- What is missing from both of the worldviews presented in Cruel Logic?
- Research and review scholarly sources, using online library system to identify leadership styles and leadership models.
- Case Study: Performance for Scripps Health & Palomar Health
- What can be done from an information technology standpoint to prevent such lawsuits from happening?
- Nursing Theory Application for the 21st Century: Part 1 (Two and a half text pages)
- Compose a multi-modal essay of approximately 5-6 pages, double spaced, (MLA format) in which you use images and text in combination to make a claim about a SPECIFIC environmental issue that addresses California Wildfires in mind, and explore the source of the problem, illustration of the problem as well as possible solutions.
- State a research problem and a research question, drawing on conceptual and analytical approaches of their interest.
- Using those points, find a news media article that discusses or displays some sort of statistical information about crime or crime rates that was published in the last month. Be sure to reference the data of the publication in your paper. Here is an example sentence (which you can use) In the article How is the COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign Going in Your State?, published on May 7th, 2021
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS