In 2002 a U.S. court of appeals imposed remedies relating to a lower courts findings that Microsoft had a monopoly in personal computer (PC) operating system and had maintained its monopoly through illegal actions.
At the U.S. Justice Departments Web site, www.usdoj.gov,
Click on the Agencies on the top of the window,
Click on Antitrust Division and then on website
Click on Antitrust Case Filings
Find U.S. vs. Microsoft case filings.
Scroll down to District Court filings and find Findings of Fact
In the list of Findings of Fact find Courts Findings of Fact (11/5/99).
In your initial response to the topic you have to answer all questions:
On what basis did the court conclude that Microsoft was a monopoly (see Market Share)?
What was Microsoft market share of Intel-compatible PC operating system? Of all operating system, including those of Apply computers?
What evidence did the court cite in claiming that Microsoft charged above-competitive prices (see Microsoft Pricing Behavior)?
Reflection the students also should include a paragraph in the initial response in their own words reflecting on specifically what they learned from the assignment and how they think they could apply what they learned in the workplace or in everyday life.
- Describe the demographic characteristics of the selected race/ethnic group in terms of percentage of total U.S. population for the 2000-2020 period.
- Explain how the theory or model can be used as a framework to guide evidence-based practice to address the issue or concern, and discuss the unique insight or perspective offered through the application of this theory or model.
- Describe an intrapersonal conflict you have experienced either in your career or personal life.
- What is Shakespeare’s definition of love?
- Describe one argument that supports stop and frisk policies.
- Explain the decline of the Liberal Party by 1918.
- What was Microsoft market share of Intel-compatible PC operating system?
- Describe theoretical ideas of power in relation to policy.
- Write an essay on “why abortion is immoral” by Don Marquis.
- Describe the various ways in which Japan became both more democratic and more repressive during the Tagish period, and then the gradual escalation of Japanese militarism and ultranationalist from 1930 to 1945
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS