Assessment Task 3 Details and Instructions
Students will be provided with a detailed case report which outlines the results of psychometric testing. The student is required to compose a referral letter to a professional from another discipline (e.g., general practitioner, occupational therapist, social worker, speech pathologist). The coordinator will provide information to help scaffold the content of the referral letter. Students are also required to write a reflection on the strengths and limitations of psychometric testing taking into account the principles underpinning culturally responsive assessment. Students are also required to write a reflection on the key considerations implemented when communicating with a professional from another discipline.
There are two separate parts to this assessment: a referral letter and a reflection
For the purpose of this assessment, you are a psychologist and your client is Glenda
You will need to write a referral letter for your client to another professional (this could be a general practitioner, speech pathologist, social worker, occupational therapist etc)
You need to select the information from the report provided that you feel is most relevant
You will need to write a reflection on the strengths and limitations of psychometric testing (taking into account the principles underpinning culturally responsive assessment). There are two major criteria related to strengths and limitations, one in terms of clinical use, and one in terms of cultural consideration. For the strengths and limitations of clinical use of psychometric assessments, you need evaluate the specific measure used in the case. For the strengths and limitations related to cultural consideration, again you should consider the specific measure, but can also evaluate the general cultural appropriateness of using psychometric assessments in a clinical context.
In addition to the above, you need to consider the specific individual difference factors that may impact interpretation of the case studies results. Are there any factors involved that should be considered/measured further before a solid conclusion can be reached? As some examples, age, gender, education, health concerns, addiction behaviours.
You will also need to write a reflection on the key considerations implemented when communicating with a professional from another discipline
You can use subheadings in your reflection (this is recommended)
You will need to use scholarly journal articles to support your reflections
Most of your references will be in the reflection, with only some potentially needed in the referral letter
There is no specified word count for each section, however it is expected that the reflection will be longer than the referral letter
Some personal reflections are okay
For the reflection, you need to also speak about the strengths and limitations of psychometric testing more broadly, but also relate that to the specific case of Glenda’s testing. That is you need to apply the general literature to this specific situation.
- “What is the role of the registered nurse.”
- Review the article, Visual BalanceMeans Taking Another Look in this weeks Learning Resources and the website Balance in Composition
- Carbohydrates and the Immune System
- : Nutrients, Digestion, and Hormonal Regulation
- write a reflection on the key considerations implemented when communicating with a professional from another discipline.
- Is it better to use language that shows your skills off, or language that is straightforward and fact-based?
- Personal Statment
- The Impact of Support Systems on an International Entrepreneur
- Provide a specific example of a work-related experience when you had to adjust quickly to changes that were implemented that you had no control over.
- Based on John Swales six defining characteristics for Discourse Community.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS